shredded organic mozzarella cheese
2 oz organic whole cream cheese
1 large, pastured egg
1 large egg white
½ tsp garlic powder
1 tsp non-aluminum baking powder
2 tbsp grass-fed butter
3 cloves garlic, pressed.
1 tsp dried parsley
½ oz parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375oF.
2. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the Miracle Mix, garlic powder and baking powder.
4. In a glass bowl, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave for 45 seconds, stir then microwave for another 30-34 seconds. (Or melt slowly in a pot over low heat by stirring continually)
5. Add the melted cheese to the dry ingredients and mix.
6. Add the egg and egg white and mix again, kneading with your hands to form a smooth dough.
7. Cut the dough into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 9” long log, then cut in half. Make a circle with one half and then make a linking circle with the other half.
8. Place completed knots on prepared baking sheet.
9. Brush with egg wash.
10. Transfer to the oven and bake 15 minutes to golden.
11. While the garlic knots bake, mix the melted butter, fresh garlic, and parsley.
12. Remove garlic knots from the oven, brush with garlic butter, sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.