BREAKFAST POWER BREAD
Wednesday, July 19, 2023 9:41 PM
Photo by Alice Pasqual on unsplash.com
On few posts ago I gave a recipe for Almond Milk. You can use the pulp from that recipe for this Breakfast Power Bread.
1 cup loosely packed almond pulp, from 1 batch of almond milk
1/2 cup mashed banana, egg-like consistency
6 tablespoons natural organic peanut butter (only peanuts & salt)
1/4 cup ground flax meal
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 – 2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup dried raisins
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons maple syrup, optional (or honey if sensitive to Maple syrup)
1. Preheat your oven to 300 F.
2. Line a 9x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
3. Add the pulp, banana, peanut butter, flax, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and maple syrup [if using] to a bowl and mash with a fork until fully combined. You should be left with a soft/moist, loosely formed ball of dough.
4. Mash in the dried fruit, walnuts, and seeds.
5. Place in the pan and spread out evenly with your hands. It should be about 1/4-inch thick.
6. Bake for 35 minutes in the pan then remove from the oven.
7. Holding the sides of the parchment paper, remove the bread from the pan and place on a larger baking sheet.
8. Make 4-5 slices and spread out on the pan and bake for 15-25 minutes longer. The slices should have a thick crusty exterior but still moist on the inside.
9. The slices will firm and thicken more as they cool.
10. Store sealed in the fridge for 3-5 days and reheat in a pan with a little coconut oil or even in your toaster oven.
tips/substitutions: I made these with and without the maple syrup and enjoyed both versions. Do not sub applesauce for banana as it will take away almost all of the sweetness. Feel free to sub any nuts/seeds in the bread. I do not suggest using smaller than a 9x9 pan for the bread, but you could press the dough into muffin liners to 1/4-inch thickness and follow baking instructions. I’m sure you could also use a dehydrator for this recipe.
Better Body Clinical Nutrition
Have you been lied to about the health benefits of canola oil?