Instead of margarines and spreads
• Use butter-put butter on everything.
Instead of cooking oils
• Cook in lard or bacon fat.
Instead of commercial salad dressings
• Make your own with olive oil and vinegar.
Instead of Cool Whip
• Make real whipped cream
Instead of non-dairy creamer
• Use real cream or real half and half
Instead of commercial mayonnaise
• Make your own or use a coconut oil-based mayo
Instead of commercial dips
• Make your own using sour cream and other healthy ingredients.
Instead of chips
• Enjoy plain pork cracklings or homemade chips.
Instead of typical crackers
• Find organic crackers made with olive oil, palm oil or coconut oil.
Instead of processed snacks
• Eat cheese and salami.
Instead of supermarket bread
• Bake your own sourdough bread or find a natural one without added oils.
Instead of French fries
• Make your own oven (or air fryer) fries using lard or duck fat.
Instead of fast-food fried chicken
• Make your own, fried in lard.
Pastries, cake donuts
• Minimize as best you can (drink a glass of raw milk instead).
Instead of industrial dairy products
• Consume raw whole milk, fermented milk, and cream from cows on pasture (now widely available: see realmilk.com
Instead of soft drinks
• Drink delicious kombucha, water kefir and other naturally fermented beverages.
• Save for a special treat, not every day, and order thin crust pizza (or make your own).