Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
Thursday, October 5, 2023 12:02 PM
¾ cups all-purpose gluten free flour blend
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¼ cup coconut sugar + ½ cup
1 ¼ organic rolled oats.
4oz Lily’s semi sweet chocolate chips or raisins
5 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
1 large egg at room temperature beaten.
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, place flour, baking soda and salt and whisk to combine.
- Add ¼ cup coconut sugar and oats and whisk again to combine.
- Add ½ cup coconut sugar and mix again.
- Add butter and mix with a wooden spoon pressing down while mixing to moisten all ingredients.
- Add the beaten egg and vanilla and mix until dough comes together.
- Add chocolate chips or raisins and mix to distribute evenly.
- Divide into 12 equal pieces, each about the size of a golf ball on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Press pieces of dough with the palm of your hand to flatten into a disk.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Place the baking sheet in oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.