Gluten Free Blueberry Scones
Tuesday, October 17, 2023 12:26 PM
1 1/4 cups gluten free all-purpose flour
3 tbsp smart sugar (at Whole Foods)
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
2 tbsp pastured butter, melted.
1 large, pastured egg
1 ¼ cups organic blueberries (or berry of choice)
1 tsp organic lemon zest
¼ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350oF. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, add the gluten free flour, smart sugar, baking powder, milk, melted butter, half the lemon zest and egg.
- Stir to form into a dough.
- Fold in the berries and form the dough into a ball and place onto the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Flatten dough to an 8-inch circle. Using a sharp knife (wet the knife if it sticks), cut the dough into 8 slices. Sprinkle with remaining lemon zest and additional smart sugar if desired
- Transfer dough to the freezer for a few minutes to firm up.
- Using a pie server or spatula, separate the scone triangles so they have 1 inch of space between them.
- Transfer baking sheet to the oven and bake 21-24 minutes until golden brown.