Better Body Clinical Nutrition
Thursday, October 27, 2022 10:14 AM
* Photo by Fillipp Romanoski on Unsplash
• High blood pressure
• Edema (swelling)
• Bad for your heart
All true if we are talking about today’s highly refined and purified (stripped of its natural minerals) table salt. But this is not the traditional view.
The word “salt” comes from an old Celtic word meaning Sacred or Healing. In some cultures, it has a value higher than gold. It was even used as currency. The word “salary” comes from a Latin word meaning “payment in salt”. Nicknamed White Gold, it was transported in salt trains from the Adriatic coast or from salt mines to the ancient centers of civilization. Wars were fought over its possession. Can this be the same salt we have on our table today? No, not al all!!
What is salt? When speaking of salt, we mean unrefined, unprocessed sodium chloride which contains within its crystalline structure all of the other naturally occurring mineral elements (over 72) which are essential to the human body. Strangely, these minerals also come in the same proportions as is found in our blood.
Salt has valuable electrical properties which are essential to the body as a chemical/electrical “engine”. Crystallization is nature’s way of holding more electrical energy, the super-highly pressurized, 250-million-year-old crystals that are mined from the Himalayan mountains are the most electrically charged. When dissolved in water, the minerals released are in ionic form (electrically charged) and are the perfect size for ready absorption into the cells. You also have sea salt which come from the sea water when the water has been evaporated. You want it to be pure and as natural as possible, not bleached or treated.
What are its benefits?
• Supplies minerals
• By making energy immediately available to the cells, it reduced the craving for acidifying foods such as coffee and sugar.
• Helps normalize blood pressure
• Balances your blood pH
• Un-clumps red blood cells
• Normalizes all metabolic functions including hormonal
• Is readily absorbed by your cells
• Increases the flow of energy in the body and balances the body’s energy field.
• Mined salts (like Himalayan salt) neutralizes radiation (NB old salt mines are used as storage dumps for nuclear waste products)
• Increases elimination of heavy metals
• Helps reverse premature aging brought about by dehydration and lack of minerals
• Helps all other supplements work better.
Have you ever been really thirsty and drank water till you feel bloated only to still feel unsatisfied? May be the body is unable to really use that water. Try putting a ¼ tsp of sea salt on your tongue and swishing it down with water. The difference should be immediately noticeable.
Try replacing your regular table salt with Himalayan crystal salt or a good quality celtic sea salt with its full spectrum of essential minerals needed by the body. See how soon you notice a difference.
NOTE: Sea salt should not be really white, it should contain, depending on the source, a light grey or light pink color.