Better Body Clinical Nutrition
Wednesday, October 26, 2022 12:21 PM
Foods to Avoid for Anyone with Chronic Pains.
• Potatoes – The common potato sources include baked, mashed, scalloped, chips, fries, knishes, pierogies, plus potato water in breads, potato starch, biscuits, matzo, soups and stews and vodka. Beware that potato is also included in these ingredients.
o Modified vegetable protein (MVP)
o Modified food starch (hidden in packaged meats, cold cuts and seafoods)
NOTE: Sweet potatoes are fine (a different family)
• Tomatoes – and their sauces (live barbecue and brown sauces), seasonings, condiments like ketchup and steak sauce, prepared. Meats (like meatloaf), baked beans, gravies, and salad dressing containing them.
• Peppers – include red, green, orange, yellow, jalapeno, chili, cayenne, curry, pimentos and paprika. These are hidden in salads, cold cuts, pastas, sausage and deli meats, olives, tabasco, Worcestershire, steak sauce, coloring on nuts and fish, seasoning mixes, crackers, dips, and spreads.
Note: Black & White Pepper are fine
• Spices – If the word “spices” or “natural flavorings” appear in the ingredients list, do not consume it. These are hidden sources and nearly always in commercial salad dressings, mayonnaise, mustard, condiments, sauces, prepared (frozen) entrees, and soups (they could contain paprika, crushed red peppers, ground red pepper, cayenne, chili, curry).
Note: All other spices are fine.
• Eggplant, Tobacco & Soy products – Unless organic otherwise they are genetically modified (GMO) with the petunia gene which is a nightshade. GMO are generally to be avoided as it irritates the stomach and intestines and can lead to leaky gut.
As you can see, this list covers many of the foods that we consume pretty much on a regular basis at some point in our week therefore it is not a surprise that many of us are dealing with chronic pain.
IF you have been dealing with constant pain, you definitely need to pay attention to these foods to avoid adding to the problem.
But fear not, there is a solution. Come get tested to get on a program that will handle the underlying cause for the pain and get your body to a point where it is calmed down enough and without constant pain so that you do not have to worry so much about these foods.
*Photo by Markus Spiske on Unsplash