Better Body Clinical Nutrition
Friday, January 6, 2023 11:33 AM
Photo by Alice Pasqual on unsplash.com
5 Lg eggs
½ cup coconut milk (full fat)
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ to ½ cup maple syrup (to taste)
¼ cup coconut oil melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup blanched almond flour
½ cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp pumpkin spice
¼ tsp sea salt
• Preheat oven to 350o F
• Grease a 12 cavity doughnut pan
• Place the eggs, coconut milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, oil and vanilla in a blender or mix with a handheld mixer until frothy about 15 seconds
• Add the dry ingredients and blend on low for 10 seconds, then on high for about 20 seconds
• Pour the batter into the pan, filling each cavity 2/3 full
• Bake for 20 minutes
• Let cool for 10 minutes before gently removing the doughnuts from the pan
• Cool completely on a cooling rack
Chocolate glaze if desired.
¼ cup chocolate chips (Lilly’s are sugar free)
1 ½ tsp coconut oil
1 tsp honey
• Mix all ingredients in a small pan and put on low heat while mixing to melt the chocolate and mix all the ingredients together
• Dip the top of each doughnut in the glaze, then return to the cooling rack.
• Refrigerate for 15 minutes until the glaze has hardened.
Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.