Better Body Clinical Nutrition
A 5 Minute Snack to fight off cravings
Thursday, January 5, 2023 11:25 AM
While many people do better on a three-meal-a-day schedule, others (including those with low blood sugar issues, higher metabolism or greater calorie needs) do better eating smaller, more frequent meals.
If you're one of those people, finding healthy snacks that fill you up (without adding too many calories) can be a challenge.
• Soaked and dehydrated or lightly roasted almonds are a good option, but many people find they gain weight eating whole nuts as they are very easy to overeat
• Roasted/leftover meats can be great choice, but are similar to lunch and dinner and a bit on the boring side
• Smoothies made with the right ingredients can provide a bevy of nutrients and protein, but liquid snacks are not as satiating as solid foods, often leaving you hungry again
The following recipe is a wonderful way to sneak superfood avocado into your diet - even those totally averse to it won't detect a thing.
Chocolate Avocado Chia Pudding
Total Time: 5 minutes
• 1 Tbsp. organic chia
• 1 Large ripe avocado
• 1/4 cup coconut milk
• 1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
• 1 scoop Standard Process Whey Protein Powder
• 1 tsp. organic vanilla extract (optional)
• 1 pinch sea salt
• 5-15 drops liquid stevia extract (to taste) or monk fruit sugar to taste
1. Add cocoa powder and coconut milk to a high speed blender. Blend on low speed and add in the avocado. Add the chia the whey protein and blend until smooth.
2. Scrape mousse into a bowl and stir in the vanilla, sea salt and stevia.
3. Chill and enjoy!